Basmathi Rice (White) (1 kg)

Rs. 195.00
Barcode: 10063020
Availability : In Stock Pre order Out of stock

Basmathi Rice (White)

is a variety of long, slender-grained aromatic rice which is traditionally grown in IndiaPakistan, and Nepal.[1] As of 2019, India accounted for 65% of the international trade in basmati rice, while Pakistan accounted for the remaining 35%.[2][3] Many countries use domestically grown basmati rice crops;[4] however, basmati is geographically exclusive to certain districts of India and Pakistan.[5]

According to the Indian Government agency APEDA, a rice variety is eligible to be called basmati if it has a minimum average precooked milled rice length of 6.61 mm (0.260 in) and average precooked milled rice breadth of up to 2 mm (0.079 in), among other parameters.

India accounts for over 70% of the world's basmati rice production.[13] A small portion of that is being grown organically. Organisations such as Kheti Virasat Mission are trying to increase the amount of organic basmati rice that is being grown in the Punjab in India

Nutrition & Calories in 100g Cooked Basmati Rice.
 Nutrient Polyunsaturated Fats
 Fibre Calcium (g)   Phosphorous (g)  Thiamin (g)
Value per 100g (Cooked)
 25.22g 0.05g
 0.4g  11  280  300